Every year’s beginning is the time to analyze the real estate sector and try to “guess” what is coming. For this reason, today we are going to tell you what the real estate market trends for 2022 are. Interested in learning more? Grab a pen and some papers and read on!
Real Estate Market Trends In 2022: What Will Happen This Year?
To understand what’s to come, it’s necessary to know where we’ve come from, so let’s take a brief look at what 2021 has been like.
The past year has been characterized by the following:
- The coronavirus crisis slowed down a 6-year bullish cycle of real estate sales and purchases.
- Consumer tastes and needs have changed as a result of the pandemic. The most sought-after homes now need more space, green space and decks, if possible.
- The economy determines the pace of home buying. The growth forecasts for Spain were not so bad and the crisis did not hit as hard as expected.
- Real estate prices have stabilized.
- The law of the real estate market has changed with the arrival of regulations such as the new cadastral reference value that will mark this year 2022.
- The rent continues to increase, but not as much as the purchase of housing.
- In October 2021, the sale of housing was 467,059 (according to data from the INE), a record for these dates. According to forecasts, by the end of the year the market would reach 600,000 homes.
Once this compilation is done, it is time to try to predict what will happen this year.
The number of purchase transactions will be similar to this year or higher
Given what happened last year, it is not unreasonable to say that home buying and selling transactions will continue and may even exceed them.
The brick market moves in cycles. The next stage (2021 to 2023) appears to be difficult.
After a 6-year pause in growth halted by the pandemic, all indications are that the housing economy will continue to grow.
All economic indicators (macro and micro) point to an increase over these years.
Thus, the economic growth outlook around the world will be 5.5%. This is because the residential housing market is recovering from the pandemic faster than other sectors of the economy.
Home prices continued to rise by an average of 6.9 percent in the second quarter of 2021, compared to the same quarter last year across Europe.
This data coincides with the increase in sales. So if you’re thinking about selling your home or property, now is a good time.
The increase was particularly noticeable in the last quarter, when the price per square meter rose to 2,551 euros, according to data from the Housing Price Trends report prepared by the Appraisal Society.
The Use of Computer Tools Is the Favorite to Sell and Buy Housing
Selling a home takes a lot of time, effort and information. As a buyer, you need to spend time studying possible offers and calculating exactly what is best for you.
That’s why many people base their decision on digital tools such as the Internet to research the real estate market and establish a sale price.
Consumers can also list their homes for sale on real estate platforms.
The online world is gaining more and more traction in the real estate industry, and it’s showing in the habits and tastes of consumers.
We hope to have enlightened you a little bit so that you know how the real estate sector panorama will be for this year 2022. We know that it is a little difficult to “guess” what will happen, so we try to make these forecasts based on data and figures from experts.
If you found some of this data interesting, we invite you to share the article with your friends and acquaintances. And if we have any further information, don’t hesitate to share them in the comments below.